Our clients are public and private Education providers with a focus on Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) across several states in Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting for the following contract roles and applicants are required to state in 250 to 300 words why they are best suited for the advertised role, providing clear evidence that applicant has worked with successfully in the past and in a similar or related capacity. Applicants should also indicate their willingness to travel and/or be posted outside our Lagos and Abuja offices
Provides administrative support to the executive in ensuring that routine matters are proactively and expeditiously disposed of. The functional roles will:
• Schedule domestic travel arrangements to include air, hotel and ground transportation.
• Answer all incoming phone calls and handle or redirect as appropriate.
• Manage phone coverage utilizing phone back-up procedures to ensure calls are answered.
• Review, organize and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
• Prepare travel itineraries for principals to use and to share with key contacts.
• Type, edit and proofread correspondence (e.g., memos, e-mails, letters, text presentations, status reports, briefs, pleadings, motions).
• Prioritize and process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Review expense reports and invoices for completeness and accuracy according to Company policies.
Complete and/or process necessary documents (e.g., expense reports, invoices).
• Establish relationships and work effectively with internal individuals/parties in order to meet one's own commitments effectively and efficiently.
• Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
• Prepare correspondence (e.g., letters, memos) for internal and external communication.
• Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
• Seek out new learning/development opportunities to enhance job performance and skills.
• Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
• Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
• Protect information provided in confidence from outside sources (bottlers and other business partners) and ensure this information is not disseminated to those not directly involved.
• Protect the Company and all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
High school diploma; GED equivalent
Related Work Experience:
At least 6 months
General knowledge and limited application of simple routine procedures and basic principles theories and concepts in specialty area
• Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
• Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
• Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a committed member of a team and working with other team members to help complete goals and deliverables.
Function Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
• Typing Skills: Ability to accurately type 0-30 words per minute.
• Resource Knowledge: Knowledge of internal and external tools (i.e., Trademark Guidelines, Company Style Guide) and resources (i.e., Travel, Mail Services, Meeting Services) available to accomplish tasks and achieve results.
• Asset Protection: Knowledge of the importance of ensuring the safety and appropriate utilization of all Company assets. This includes the appropriate use of Company trademarks, logos, assets, terminology and data, treating information confidentially, ensuring employee and workplace safety, and having contingency plans.
• Typing Skills: Ability to accurately type 31-50 words per minute.
• Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
• Company Knowledge: Knowledge of the department mission, policies and procedures. Uses this knowledge effectively in setting goals and objectives, planning, problem solving, decision-making and accomplishing tasks and assignments